Thursday 10 January 2013

Well, here we go... down the rabbit hole! My first blog post ever! I was (am) nervous about taking the Internet for Educators class, as my technology skills leave a lot to be desired. I have been guilty of rationalizing my reluctance to use computer technology, and just plain avoiding it. However, after a stern talking-to with myself, I realized that I need to challenge this fear of mine. As a teacher, I want to encourage my students to try things that scare them and to embrace change and new experiences.  I had best follow my own advice!
 I realize that I am in a lucky position to have supportive people around me in this class who will encourage me and show me the way when I wander. I will do my best to keep my sighs and swears quiet...
 I will take advantage of this opportunity to expand my knowledge and ability in this venue of communication and connection. I am excited to learn about more tools to better understand and serve my future students!

6 comments:

  1. Your first blog post is a great start to facing your fear of technology Kelsey. Remember, I am in that rabbit hole with you! We will grow our PLNs together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog title Kelsey! I remember when we first chatted last year in ICT class about your hesitation with technology and I think you have come a long way since then. Joining the class was a great idea! Good for you for challenging yourself :)

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Kelsey! Even though you ditched me in Art Methods, I will still support you and read your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I will still make papier mache with you anytime!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the blogiverse. Challenging yourself for your students' benefit is what makes a great teacher.
    There are a lot of technophiles in this class and I'm going to speak for all of us and say we're always willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you supportive people! I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete