Sunday 3 March 2013

The future and me and technology... and shout-outs!

As our class winds down, I have been reflecting on all I have learned and thinking about how my teaching will benefit from our Internet for Educators class. I spent some time reading classmates' blogs, and realize how much I have gained just from connecting with the students in this class! I hope we continue to share ideas, resources and stories as we enter our teaching careers! The connection / communication opportunities will ripple out from here as I explore the great resources students and educators generously share. The chances I have had to collaborate and to ask questions have helped me to acquire more confidence in using technology. Taking this class was a leap out of my comfort zone... as is well documented in this blog, I came late to this tech party! I have a low frustration threshold when it comes to things I can't reason with verbally... like computers and devices. Thanks to all my classmates who patiently answered my questions and helped me out... especially Lisa, Tyler, Kirsten and Jennifer. And our fearless leader, Mr. Mike Nantais...I am pretty sure I would not have joined this class if not for your encouragement and enthusiasm for all kinds of learning.

I learned about  new educational tools in every class.  I am much more aware of the amazing learning opportunities that technology creates, and I will use tools like Twitter, blogging, infographics, podcasts and video in my future classes. The most important thing that has changed has been my outlook. I am grateful for my new, improved perspective on technology. What I will really take with me from this class is a 21st century view of sharing. The sharing and co-creating of information and experiences has always been an important part of my teaching philosophy, but I now see  possibilities in the future and go... WOW! My students are lucky to be learners in this generation.
I want my students to experience success, and it  my responsibility as an educator to use all the tools in the shed to support their learning. This class has helped to "unlock the shed" for me! I am committed to this ongoing journey of learning  about and infusing ICT into my teaching.

1 comment:

  1. You did great, Kelsey! You already possess the skills needed to successfully use tech in your classroom: a willingness to learn.

    ReplyDelete