Tuesday 19 February 2013

An Inspiring Edu-blogger

For the past few weeks have been checking out tweets and blogs by Larry Ferlazzo... wow, what a source of experience, ideas and resources!

http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2013/02/19

http://www.classroom20.com/profiles/blogs


 Larry Ferlazzo is senior years educator in California. He teaches English, Social Studies and EAL... my faves! I am not sure when he has time to teach, as he is  a prolific info sharer via his blogs and on Twitter as well as the author of many articles and several books on education. He organizes useful links on all kinds of content areas, education and ICT issues into lists, simplifying access to information. I especially like reading his posts reflecting on his vast experience as a community organizer and educator... lots of inspiring ideas and honest reflection on how to help students succeed.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Larry Ferlazzo! He is definitely one of my go-to blogs when I am looking for resources and I have become obsessed with his best-of lists. I am not sure where he finds the time to find all of these resources, blog up to 5 times a day, write books AND teach! I get tired just thinking of it.
    Great find Kelsey!

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Larry is a prolific blogger and tweeter. I also wonder where he finds the time, and energy, to do all that he does. Sometimes my Twitter feed is one tweet after another from him! I will definitely follow his blog more closely since he is recommended by two social studies gals (we history nerds need to stick together). Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting how some educators are able to fit 100 tweets and blogs every week. I think maybe some teachers take on a little too much via social media. But it seems that some have no problem fitting it in....which I think is pretty amazing. I'm hoping to have that sort of drive when I begin my career.

    ReplyDelete