Wednesday 27 February 2013

Presenting... Awesome I4Ed Projects!

I was so impressed with all of the presentations in our Internet for Educators yesterday! I thought it was especially great to see how many different presentation tools and styles were used. I love  that this class is multi-faceted... we consider how  using the internet and technology can enhance our teaching, experiment with tricks and tools and have the opportunity to share the information in person and online. Real integrated learning! I think all of the presentations were a great example of this... taking a subject we all know a little about, extending our understanding and providing time for questions, opinion sharing and discussion. I learned from all of the presentations.. about the content, about the delivery tool and through class face to face interaction. Great work, all! The video made me consider a video for my summative project... it looked like this group had a lot of fun putting it  together.

When I joined the class,  I had fears that it would be a lot of independent work and exploration.  I was concerned that my skill level would mean I would constantly be behind and my questions would be annoying to the tech savvy among us. I have a different view now. I can see how many tools  enable communication and effective sharing. Even when I am struggling along on my own with something like infographics, or have a question about how the heck to get on my group's wiki, or wonder how my computer ate my blog post, I can use twitter to quickly connect and ask questions. It is  easy to  seek info and collaborate from a distance. The presentation day was the best of both worlds for me.. tech  tools and in-person combined! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's summative projects next week.

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, great overview of the presentations and development throughout the course. I think we can all agree that we have overcome a fear of internet use and sharing, especially the first year group, as we have not been exposed to the variety of tools until this semester. I like how you did your post about the format of the presentations. The groups really did an amazing job at incorporating a lot of the resources we have been taught about during this course. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, I agree the presentations were great and I also enjoyed the way everyone delivered their presentations, very interesting to see. I also had the same woes you did about being less tech savvy then others in the class, but I soon came to realize that everyone was willing to help and that all I had to do was tweet! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete